My name is Sarah. I'm a senior at a small private college in the Fingerlakes. I've always had a passion for literature. After being really indecisive, I decided to become an English major (get all of your "you'll be working at Starbucks forever" jokes out). I'd really like to use my English degree to educate students, but not in a classroom setting. I really enjoy museums and how they curate art, literature, and history.
For my junior internship, I have decided to visit six literary museums across New England over a week. During this time, I will be seeing:
I am counting the days until I am able to see a part of the country I've never been to, learn about the lives of authors that I would not normally be able to, and give me the opportunity to further my passion for museum education.
The trip begins on July 9th and ends on July 14th. Wish me luck!
For my junior internship, I have decided to visit six literary museums across New England over a week. During this time, I will be seeing:
- Two of Robert Frost's homes
- Mark Twain's house
- Harriet Beecher Stowe's home
- Edith Wharton's house
- Emily Dickinson's museum
I am counting the days until I am able to see a part of the country I've never been to, learn about the lives of authors that I would not normally be able to, and give me the opportunity to further my passion for museum education.
The trip begins on July 9th and ends on July 14th. Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment