A pilgrimage is defined as a journey or search of moral or spiritual significance.
Using the title "road trip" doesn't feel like the correct choice for what I did anymore. Instead, I can identify with considering the trip a pilgrimage. This did feel like a journey and a search. Spirituality, to me, means discovering something that inspires you enough to create passion. For some people, that may be religion, others find it in art, I find it in words and in what I see.
Experiencing the views I did during this trip alongside the literature resulted in a deeper understanding of where inspiration comes from in nature. Place plays such an important part in making an environment that supports creation and creativity.
Making the trip to visit these authors homes taught me an immense amount about myself and a lot in terms of applicable skills.
A short list of some of the many things I learned while in New England:
- How to create a museum narrative
- How to properly portray an individual
- How to curate literature diversely
- How to plan a trip
- It would be difficult to get used to life/working in New England
- Literary and historical museums are quite similar
- Architecture and art styles of the 19th and 20th centuries
- How to create and use a blog
- A new appreciation for poetry, especially Dickinson
These twenty-five hours of driving and hours of touring will affect how I interpret literature in the future along with museum spaces and natural areas of land. Experiencing all of these aspects of art together was an incredible opportunity.
Thank you again to every person who supported me during this process and read my blog along they way. One of my favorite things is being able to share my knowledge with others and get people excited about learning. I'm glad that I had the chance to do so through this blog.
Thank you for blogging, Sarah! It was a great way to experience the trip.
ReplyDeleteYes, thank you for blogging your trip Sarah. I really enjoyed learning about the different authors, their homes and the way they lived through your eyes. You did a great job!!
ReplyDelete